Sukhbir Singh Badal takes jibe at Congress, dubs it as `politically pauper`
Muktsar: Describing Congress as "politically pauper", Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Friday alleged that Congress was facing severe political crisis and was therefore, seeking political aide from "already dead" People`s Party of Punjab in the state.
Amidst speculation over a proposed pact between Congress and PPP of coming together for Malwa region in the state, Badal said Congress sensing its defeat in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls is seeking help from right, left and centre.
Badal said seeking aide from "already collapsed" PPP reflects Congress` level of weakness and desperation.
"Despite this, it would get zero results in the polls," the Deputy Chief Minister said.
Congress would die its own death courtesy UPA`s inefficient, ineffective and non-productive decade-long rule, Badal said, adding, only Modi can save the country with decisive policies and decisions of NDA.
On Congress candidates against SAD contenders, he said the rival party did not have suitable candidates to field against SAD fearing defeat by big margins.
Referring to statements by Congress leaders regarding ongoing development projects, he said "time will gag their mouths with suitable answers as all development projects would become operational within two years".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Jason Day joined by Rory McIlroy, Phil Mickelson to start PGA Championship
- Curfew, separatist shutdown enters 15th day in Kashmir
- Three Florida men charged with attempting to support Islamic State
- Rajnath Singh arrives in violence-hit Kashmir, holds meeting with civil society members
- Premier League 2016-17: Liverpool seal big-money deal for Georginio Wijnaldum