Sukhbir Singh Badal takes jibe at Congress, dubs it as `politically pauper`
Muktsar: Describing Congress as "politically pauper", Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Friday alleged that Congress was facing severe political crisis and was therefore, seeking political aide from "already dead" People`s Party of Punjab in the state.
Amidst speculation over a proposed pact between Congress and PPP of coming together for Malwa region in the state, Badal said Congress sensing its defeat in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls is seeking help from right, left and centre.
Badal said seeking aide from "already collapsed" PPP reflects Congress` level of weakness and desperation.
"Despite this, it would get zero results in the polls," the Deputy Chief Minister said.
Congress would die its own death courtesy UPA`s inefficient, ineffective and non-productive decade-long rule, Badal said, adding, only Modi can save the country with decisive policies and decisions of NDA.
On Congress candidates against SAD contenders, he said the rival party did not have suitable candidates to field against SAD fearing defeat by big margins.
Referring to statements by Congress leaders regarding ongoing development projects, he said "time will gag their mouths with suitable answers as all development projects would become operational within two years".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof