Sukhbir Singh Badal urges people to oust Congress from power
Jalandhar: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Monday appealed to the people to oust the Congress-led UPA from power in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls, and said "only BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi can lead the nation to its overall development".
Addressing a gathering after laying the foundation stone of a railway over-bridge at Chandan Nagar here, Sukhbir gave a call to the electorate to vote for NDA candidates in the interest of the country and its people.
"There is a dire need to give the political reins in the hands of Modi by forming NDA government at the Centre as the Congress has been constantly looting the country and its assets for more than 60 years," he claimed.
To put the country on accelerated pace of development, he asked the people to help form NDA government at the Centre.
"The combination of Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Modi can take the country to new heights of progress, growth and prosperity," he said.
Talking to reporters later, Sukhbir expressed anguish "over the involvement of some Congress leaders in the 1984 anti-Sikh riots".
He held the UPA government responsible for shielding the perpetrators of the riots.
"We demand harsh punishment for the guilty Congressmen... It is unfortunate that despite a Sikh being the Prime Minister of the country, he could not do anything for the family members of the riots victims," Sukhbir said.
On the ongoing controversy surrounding godman Ashutosh Maharaj`s samadhi, Sukhbir said his government had been monitoring the situation very closely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state