Sukhbir Singh Badal urges people to oust Congress from power
Jalandhar: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Monday appealed to the people to oust the Congress-led UPA from power in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls, and said "only BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi can lead the nation to its overall development".
Addressing a gathering after laying the foundation stone of a railway over-bridge at Chandan Nagar here, Sukhbir gave a call to the electorate to vote for NDA candidates in the interest of the country and its people.
"There is a dire need to give the political reins in the hands of Modi by forming NDA government at the Centre as the Congress has been constantly looting the country and its assets for more than 60 years," he claimed.
To put the country on accelerated pace of development, he asked the people to help form NDA government at the Centre.
"The combination of Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Modi can take the country to new heights of progress, growth and prosperity," he said.
Talking to reporters later, Sukhbir expressed anguish "over the involvement of some Congress leaders in the 1984 anti-Sikh riots".
He held the UPA government responsible for shielding the perpetrators of the riots.
"We demand harsh punishment for the guilty Congressmen... It is unfortunate that despite a Sikh being the Prime Minister of the country, he could not do anything for the family members of the riots victims," Sukhbir said.
On the ongoing controversy surrounding godman Ashutosh Maharaj`s samadhi, Sukhbir said his government had been monitoring the situation very closely.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!