Sukhbir Singh Badal visits slain ASI`s family
Amritsar: The Punjab government on Monday asked the Deputy Commissioner of Police Amritsar to conduct a thorough probe into the killing of ASI Ravinderpal Singh.
Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, who visited family of the slain ASI today, also asked the Commissioner to inquire into the role of the police officers who were present at the time of shooting and allegedly "ran away".
He also asked him to make a list of policemen who were present in the Chehratta police station under which the murder took place.
"The Commissioner will finalise the report by tomorrow and erring policemen would be straightway dismissed from the services for running away from their duty," Badal said.
Ravinderpal Singh was shot dead allegedly by a local SAD leader after he resisted harassment of his daughter by the politician and his aides.
Badal gave the instructions after visiting the bereaved family and talking with the daughter of Singh.
The Commissioner has also been asked to probe the conspiracy angle in the killing of the ASI, as his daughter has alleged that she was "deliberately targeted" by accused SAD leader, because she was the daughter of ASI.
She alleged that when her scooter was hit by them (key accused and his aides) on the first instance they had said that she is a daughter of `Thanedar`, and on second occasion also they pointed out that she is the same daughter of `Thanedar`.
"The Commissioner will examine the fact that whether there was a conspiracy to eliminate ASI," Badal said.
Condoling the unfortunate death of ASI Ravinderpal Singh, the deputy chief minister said it was the most tragic incident and the Punjab Government was standing firm with the family in this hour of grief.
He said that he has issued orders to provide two security guards permanently to the family.
"As a SAD president, I have issued instructions to the district president of SAD to probe that who recommended the induction of Rana in the party fold and strict action would be taken against that person," he said.
His visit came two days after Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal met the family of the deceased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer