Sukhbir Singh Badal visits slain ASI`s family
Amritsar: The Punjab government on Monday asked the Deputy Commissioner of Police Amritsar to conduct a thorough probe into the killing of ASI Ravinderpal Singh.
Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, who visited family of the slain ASI today, also asked the Commissioner to inquire into the role of the police officers who were present at the time of shooting and allegedly "ran away".
He also asked him to make a list of policemen who were present in the Chehratta police station under which the murder took place.
"The Commissioner will finalise the report by tomorrow and erring policemen would be straightway dismissed from the services for running away from their duty," Badal said.
Ravinderpal Singh was shot dead allegedly by a local SAD leader after he resisted harassment of his daughter by the politician and his aides.
Badal gave the instructions after visiting the bereaved family and talking with the daughter of Singh.
The Commissioner has also been asked to probe the conspiracy angle in the killing of the ASI, as his daughter has alleged that she was "deliberately targeted" by accused SAD leader, because she was the daughter of ASI.
She alleged that when her scooter was hit by them (key accused and his aides) on the first instance they had said that she is a daughter of `Thanedar`, and on second occasion also they pointed out that she is the same daughter of `Thanedar`.
"The Commissioner will examine the fact that whether there was a conspiracy to eliminate ASI," Badal said.
Condoling the unfortunate death of ASI Ravinderpal Singh, the deputy chief minister said it was the most tragic incident and the Punjab Government was standing firm with the family in this hour of grief.
He said that he has issued orders to provide two security guards permanently to the family.
"As a SAD president, I have issued instructions to the district president of SAD to probe that who recommended the induction of Rana in the party fold and strict action would be taken against that person," he said.
His visit came two days after Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal met the family of the deceased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them