Sulking CPS Navjot Kaur to meet Rajnath Singh
Amritsar: After taking potshots at the Parkash Singh Badal-led Punjab government, Chief Parliamentary Secretary Navjot Kaur Sidhu on Friday said she would meet BJP president Rajnath Singh to apprise him about the regime`s "non-development" attitude towards her constituency.
"I will tell the party chief about non-developmental attitude of the Punjab government towards the constituencies represented by BJP legislators with regard to grant of funds," she said.
Alleging the state government was denying funds to her constituency, she said "I had telephonic talks with Singh today who told me that he is in Lucknow and will meet me after reaching Delhi at the shortest possible time."
"The party chief had assured me all possible help in finding a solution to my problems," said sulking Kaur, wife of BJP MP and former cricketer Navjot Singh.
The BJP MLA said she had already apprised state party president Kamal Sharma about the denial of funds for her Amritsar East constituency but it proved to be a futile exercise.
Sharma said the party was aware of the problems raised by her.
"Time and again I have raised this issue before the top leaders which included the Chief Minister and the Deputy Chief Minister but nothing has been done," Kaur said.
"Local Bodies Minister Chunni Lal Bhagat has signed the file for the release of grants worth Rs 10 crore for my constituency in October 2012, but still I am struggling hard to get the funds," she said.
"For the last one-and-a-half-year since I have been made CPS by the Punjab government, my role has never been defined," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened