Support to Modi exposes Badals` double standards: CPI
Amritsar: CPI on Monday said Shiromani Akali Dal`s support to BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi had exposed the Punjab-based party`s double standards.
"Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) always raised its voice for secularism and respect to all religions, but the support to Modi has virtually exposed double standards of the Badals," CPI National Executive member
Joginder Dayal said while addressing a press conference here.
Questioning the move of Punjab Chief Minister and SAD patron Parkash Singh Badal and deputy chief minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, the CPI leader said, "By extending support to Modi, Badals have violated ethics of the Sikhs as it always seeks wellbeing of entire humanity".
Dayal ruled out his party`s support for BJP even if such situation arises in the post-poll scenario.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes