Support to Modi exposes Badals` double standards: CPI
Amritsar: CPI on Monday said Shiromani Akali Dal`s support to BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi had exposed the Punjab-based party`s double standards.
"Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) always raised its voice for secularism and respect to all religions, but the support to Modi has virtually exposed double standards of the Badals," CPI National Executive member
Joginder Dayal said while addressing a press conference here.
Questioning the move of Punjab Chief Minister and SAD patron Parkash Singh Badal and deputy chief minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, the CPI leader said, "By extending support to Modi, Badals have violated ethics of the Sikhs as it always seeks wellbeing of entire humanity".
Dayal ruled out his party`s support for BJP even if such situation arises in the post-poll scenario.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe
- Pakistan had achieved nuclear capability in 1984: Abdul Qadeer Khan
- Pakistan able to target Delhi from Kahuta near Rawalpindi in five minutes: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan