Support to Modi exposes Badals` double standards: CPI
Amritsar: CPI on Monday said Shiromani Akali Dal`s support to BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi had exposed the Punjab-based party`s double standards.
"Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) always raised its voice for secularism and respect to all religions, but the support to Modi has virtually exposed double standards of the Badals," CPI National Executive member
Joginder Dayal said while addressing a press conference here.
Questioning the move of Punjab Chief Minister and SAD patron Parkash Singh Badal and deputy chief minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, the CPI leader said, "By extending support to Modi, Badals have violated ethics of the Sikhs as it always seeks wellbeing of entire humanity".
Dayal ruled out his party`s support for BJP even if such situation arises in the post-poll scenario.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'
- 'Chikungunya cases highest this year since 2006'
- Umbilical cells linked to increase risk of obesity: Study