Support to Modi exposes Badals` double standards: CPI
Amritsar: CPI on Monday said Shiromani Akali Dal`s support to BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi had exposed the Punjab-based party`s double standards.
"Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) always raised its voice for secularism and respect to all religions, but the support to Modi has virtually exposed double standards of the Badals," CPI National Executive member
Joginder Dayal said while addressing a press conference here.
Questioning the move of Punjab Chief Minister and SAD patron Parkash Singh Badal and deputy chief minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, the CPI leader said, "By extending support to Modi, Badals have violated ethics of the Sikhs as it always seeks wellbeing of entire humanity".
Dayal ruled out his party`s support for BJP even if such situation arises in the post-poll scenario.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!