Support to Modi exposes Badals` double standards: CPI
Amritsar: CPI on Monday said Shiromani Akali Dal`s support to BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi had exposed the Punjab-based party`s double standards.
"Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) always raised its voice for secularism and respect to all religions, but the support to Modi has virtually exposed double standards of the Badals," CPI National Executive member
Joginder Dayal said while addressing a press conference here.
Questioning the move of Punjab Chief Minister and SAD patron Parkash Singh Badal and deputy chief minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, the CPI leader said, "By extending support to Modi, Badals have violated ethics of the Sikhs as it always seeks wellbeing of entire humanity".
Dayal ruled out his party`s support for BJP even if such situation arises in the post-poll scenario.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!