Tearful adieu to murdered Punjab cop
Amritsar: Mortal remains of ASI Ravinderpal Singh, who was shot dead two days ago while resisting harassment of his daughter, were on Friday consigned to flames in his native Rampura village of the district.
The pyre was lit jointly by deceased`s son Navpreet Singh and daughter Robanjit Kaur.
Senior police officers and politicians including Navjot Kaur Sidhu and MLA Dalbir Singh Ranike were present at the time of cremation in Chehertha area.
A contingent of Punjab Police fired volley of gun shots in the air and reversed the arms, in mark of respect to the departed soul.
Ravinderpal`s son Navpreet was in Australia when his father was killed on December 05 in full public view by a local SAD leader along with four of his accomplices.
The ASI was killed after he protested harassment of his 23-year-old daughter.
The Punjab government has issued order that the daughter of ASI may immediately be enlisted as Sub Inspector in the state police as a special case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?