Teenager sets mother ablaze over suspected illicit affair
Amritsar: A woman was set afire and later beaten to death by her 16-year-old son, who suspected her to be in an illicit relationship, police said on Friday.
According to Punjab Police Inspector Harish Behal, the youth was very upset with his 50-year-old widowed mother, whom he suspected to be in an illicit affair with another man after his father passed away.
Angry over this, the boy poured petrol over his mother and set her on fire, but when this did not kill her, he hit his mother using a sharp-edged weapon causing her death on the spot at their home in Majetha locality here today, Behal said.
Police said the youth has been taken into custody and further investigation into the incident is underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan