Teenagers kill friend to avenge sister`s elopement
Chandigarh: Four boys have been arrested for the murder of their friend whose decomposed body was found near a railway track near here. The accused, all 15-year-olds, killed the boy as his sister had eloped with the uncle of one of them two years ago, police said on Wednesday.
"We had found the highly decomposed body of a boy yesterday from near the railway tracks in Mani Majra (on the outskirts of Chandigarh). Investigations revealed it was the body of Shubham, 15, who was missing since July 9," said Rajesh Shukla, investigation officer in the case.
Police said all the arrested boys were sent to a juvenile home here late on Tuesday.
"The deceased`s father said Shubham had gone out with four boys on July 9 and did not return. We tracked the boys and interrogated them. During questioning, they confessed to the crime. One of the accused wanted to take revenge as his sister had eloped with Shubham`s uncle two years ago," he said.
Police said the boys took Shubham near the railway track and attacked him with sharp-edged weapons. All of them were residents of Rajiv Colony, a slum rehabilitation locality here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...