Teenagers kill friend to avenge sister`s elopement
Chandigarh: Four boys have been arrested for the murder of their friend whose decomposed body was found near a railway track near here. The accused, all 15-year-olds, killed the boy as his sister had eloped with the uncle of one of them two years ago, police said on Wednesday.
"We had found the highly decomposed body of a boy yesterday from near the railway tracks in Mani Majra (on the outskirts of Chandigarh). Investigations revealed it was the body of Shubham, 15, who was missing since July 9," said Rajesh Shukla, investigation officer in the case.
Police said all the arrested boys were sent to a juvenile home here late on Tuesday.
"The deceased`s father said Shubham had gone out with four boys on July 9 and did not return. We tracked the boys and interrogated them. During questioning, they confessed to the crime. One of the accused wanted to take revenge as his sister had eloped with Shubham`s uncle two years ago," he said.
Police said the boys took Shubham near the railway track and attacked him with sharp-edged weapons. All of them were residents of Rajiv Colony, a slum rehabilitation locality here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites