Temperature rises, but no let up in cold wave
The cold wave in Punjab and
Haryana continued unabated despite a marginal increase in minimum temperatures at some places in the two states on Friday.
In Punjab, mercury at Amritsar rose from yesterday`s zero
degrees to settle at a low of 1.8 degrees Celsius today, which
was still four notches below normal level, the MeT Department said.
Patiala also experienced a cold night at 5.5 degrees
Celsius, down four degrees while Ludhiana`s minimum settled at
6.3 degrees Celsius, three degrees below normal.
Icy cold winds swept Chandigarh, where the overnight
temperature was recorded at 5.6 degrees Celsius, down two
Haryana,Hisar recovered from yesterday`s freezing
minimum of around zero degrees to settle at 4 degrees Celsius
today, still down by five degrees.
Biting cold continued to grip Narnaul, which recorded a
low of 1.5 degrees Celsius, down six notches while Bhiwani
reeled under a chilling 2.2 degrees Celsius minimum.
The MeT department has forecast no immediate relief from
cold conditions in the plains of the region during the next
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes