Temperature rises, but no let up in cold wave
The cold wave in Punjab and
Haryana continued unabated despite a marginal increase in minimum temperatures at some places in the two states on Friday.
In Punjab, mercury at Amritsar rose from yesterday`s zero
degrees to settle at a low of 1.8 degrees Celsius today, which
was still four notches below normal level, the MeT Department said.
Patiala also experienced a cold night at 5.5 degrees
Celsius, down four degrees while Ludhiana`s minimum settled at
6.3 degrees Celsius, three degrees below normal.
Icy cold winds swept Chandigarh, where the overnight
temperature was recorded at 5.6 degrees Celsius, down two
Haryana,Hisar recovered from yesterday`s freezing
minimum of around zero degrees to settle at 4 degrees Celsius
today, still down by five degrees.
Biting cold continued to grip Narnaul, which recorded a
low of 1.5 degrees Celsius, down six notches while Bhiwani
reeled under a chilling 2.2 degrees Celsius minimum.
The MeT department has forecast no immediate relief from
cold conditions in the plains of the region during the next
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar