Temperature rises, but no let up in cold wave
The cold wave in Punjab and
Haryana continued unabated despite a marginal increase in minimum temperatures at some places in the two states on Friday.
In Punjab, mercury at Amritsar rose from yesterday`s zero
degrees to settle at a low of 1.8 degrees Celsius today, which
was still four notches below normal level, the MeT Department said.
Patiala also experienced a cold night at 5.5 degrees
Celsius, down four degrees while Ludhiana`s minimum settled at
6.3 degrees Celsius, three degrees below normal.
Icy cold winds swept Chandigarh, where the overnight
temperature was recorded at 5.6 degrees Celsius, down two
Haryana,Hisar recovered from yesterday`s freezing
minimum of around zero degrees to settle at 4 degrees Celsius
today, still down by five degrees.
Biting cold continued to grip Narnaul, which recorded a
low of 1.5 degrees Celsius, down six notches while Bhiwani
reeled under a chilling 2.2 degrees Celsius minimum.
The MeT department has forecast no immediate relief from
cold conditions in the plains of the region during the next
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing