Temperatures dip after rains lash parts of Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: The maximum temperatures on Tuesday dropped marginally in Punjab and Haryana as rains lashed a few places in the region.
Chandigarh, where some parts were lashed by light rains, recorded a high of 33 degree Celsius, down four notches, the MeT office said here.
Ambala, too, received light rains and the maximum temperature there settled at 33 deg C, also down four degrees.
Jagadhri, Yamunanagar, Bilaspur, Naraingarh and Panchkula were among other places in Haryana to be lashed by rains.
However, Hisar and Bhiwani continued to sweat it out recording respective highs of 40.5 deg C and 40.6 deg C.
Ludhiana and Patiala in Punjab recorded below normal maximums of 34.5 deg C and 34.3 deg C, but Amritsar was hot at 39.4 deg C.
Bathinda, Kapurthala, Mohali, Ferozepur, Pathankot, Jalandhar, Moga and Ropar were among the places in Punjab to be lashed by rains since Monday.
The MeT department forecast moderate to rather heavy rains or thunder shower may occur at a few places in both the states over the next two days.
Meanwhile, according to a Punjab Government release here, the water level in the Bhakra Dam today touched a level of 1599.92 feet against 1531.88 feet on the same day last year.
The water level of the reservoir was 68.04 feet more than as it was last year on the same day. The upper limit of the dam is 1680 feet.
However, the officials of the Bhakra Beas Management Board said that there was no cause of any alarm as this level was normal during the rainy seasons.
The release also said the water level of Pong Dam has been recorded at 1320.25 feet today, which is 23.94 feet more than it was recorded on the same day last year.
It further said that the inflow of water in the Bhakra was 52,128 cusecs against 42,501 cusecs recorded today last year and the release from the reservoir was 32,783 cusecs against 29,500 cusecs last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note