Ten candidates in fray for Moga by-poll
Moga: Ten candidates were left in the fray for Moga assembly by-poll in Punjab, slated for February 23, as the last date for withdrawal of nominations closed Saturday evening.
Gurbachan Singh, an independent, withdrew from the contest leaving ten in the fray, an election office spokesman said here.
Prominent among those in the race are Joginderpal Jain of the SAD, Vijay Kumar Sathi of the Congress and Ravinder Singh of the Sanjha Morcha.
The by-poll was necessitated after Jain joined the SAD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered