Ten candidates in fray for Moga by-poll
Moga: Ten candidates were left in the fray for Moga assembly by-poll in Punjab, slated for February 23, as the last date for withdrawal of nominations closed Saturday evening.
Gurbachan Singh, an independent, withdrew from the contest leaving ten in the fray, an election office spokesman said here.
Prominent among those in the race are Joginderpal Jain of the SAD, Vijay Kumar Sathi of the Congress and Ravinder Singh of the Sanjha Morcha.
The by-poll was necessitated after Jain joined the SAD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH