Ten candidates in fray for Moga by-poll
Moga: Ten candidates were left in the fray for Moga assembly by-poll in Punjab, slated for February 23, as the last date for withdrawal of nominations closed Saturday evening.
Gurbachan Singh, an independent, withdrew from the contest leaving ten in the fray, an election office spokesman said here.
Prominent among those in the race are Joginderpal Jain of the SAD, Vijay Kumar Sathi of the Congress and Ravinder Singh of the Sanjha Morcha.
The by-poll was necessitated after Jain joined the SAD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing