Ten candidates in fray for Moga by-poll
Moga: Ten candidates were left in the fray for Moga assembly by-poll in Punjab, slated for February 23, as the last date for withdrawal of nominations closed Saturday evening.
Gurbachan Singh, an independent, withdrew from the contest leaving ten in the fray, an election office spokesman said here.
Prominent among those in the race are Joginderpal Jain of the SAD, Vijay Kumar Sathi of the Congress and Ravinder Singh of the Sanjha Morcha.
The by-poll was necessitated after Jain joined the SAD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report