Tewari takes serious note of non-utilisation of MPLAD funds
Ludhiana: Following the non-utilisation of funds he provided for development works here, Information and Broadcasting minister and Ludhiana MP Manish Tewari on Thursday asked Municipal Commissioner to return them if they were not used properly.
In a strongly-worded letter to the Commissioner today, Tewari wrote it was surprising that despite about 75 per cent grant provided by him for 15 tubewells in different parts of the city, the Municipal Corporation had not initiated any steps in this regard.
"Not a single brick has been moved so far," he wrote.
The minister wrote to the Commissioner that in case the Corporation was unwilling to use the sanctioned amount, it should be returned to his MP Local Area Development Fund so that it could be used for the welfare of the people.
The issue relates to setting up of 15 tubewells by the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation in different areas of the city at a total cost of about Rs 2.32 crores.
Tewari had sanctioned about 75 per cent of the amount, which is about Rs 1.74 crores, from his fund.
He pointed out that the amount had been sanctioned for installing the tubewells so that people could get proper and adequate water.
However, the entire amount was not utilised as no work had been initiated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof