Tewari takes serious note of non-utilisation of MPLAD funds
Ludhiana: Following the non-utilisation of funds he provided for development works here, Information and Broadcasting minister and Ludhiana MP Manish Tewari on Thursday asked Municipal Commissioner to return them if they were not used properly.
In a strongly-worded letter to the Commissioner today, Tewari wrote it was surprising that despite about 75 per cent grant provided by him for 15 tubewells in different parts of the city, the Municipal Corporation had not initiated any steps in this regard.
"Not a single brick has been moved so far," he wrote.
The minister wrote to the Commissioner that in case the Corporation was unwilling to use the sanctioned amount, it should be returned to his MP Local Area Development Fund so that it could be used for the welfare of the people.
The issue relates to setting up of 15 tubewells by the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation in different areas of the city at a total cost of about Rs 2.32 crores.
Tewari had sanctioned about 75 per cent of the amount, which is about Rs 1.74 crores, from his fund.
He pointed out that the amount had been sanctioned for installing the tubewells so that people could get proper and adequate water.
However, the entire amount was not utilised as no work had been initiated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi