Tewari takes serious note of non-utilisation of MPLAD funds
Ludhiana: Following the non-utilisation of funds he provided for development works here, Information and Broadcasting minister and Ludhiana MP Manish Tewari on Thursday asked Municipal Commissioner to return them if they were not used properly.
In a strongly-worded letter to the Commissioner today, Tewari wrote it was surprising that despite about 75 per cent grant provided by him for 15 tubewells in different parts of the city, the Municipal Corporation had not initiated any steps in this regard.
"Not a single brick has been moved so far," he wrote.
The minister wrote to the Commissioner that in case the Corporation was unwilling to use the sanctioned amount, it should be returned to his MP Local Area Development Fund so that it could be used for the welfare of the people.
The issue relates to setting up of 15 tubewells by the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation in different areas of the city at a total cost of about Rs 2.32 crores.
Tewari had sanctioned about 75 per cent of the amount, which is about Rs 1.74 crores, from his fund.
He pointed out that the amount had been sanctioned for installing the tubewells so that people could get proper and adequate water.
However, the entire amount was not utilised as no work had been initiated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared