Three booked for wrong blood transfusion in Chandi
Chandigarh: Nearly five-and-a-half months after a magisterial probe indicted three people, including two doctors, for wrong blood transfusion to a pregnant woman here, a case has finally been registered against them, police said Wednesday.
House surgeon Manpreet Singh, intern doctor Navdeep Singh and lab technician Kirti Sood of government hospital in Sector 16 were booked, according to the Chandigarh police.
The magisterial probe report, which came out Jan 3, had accused them of transfusing wrong blood to a pregnant woman, leading to the death of her child in the womb and failure of her kidney.
The probe was conducted by sub-divisional magistrate (south) Kavle V. Parashuram, who recommended that criminal proceedings be initiated against the accused.
"We have booked three people, including two doctors, for causing death by negligence and removing the evidence pertaining to the case," inspector Ranjot Singh, investigation officer of the case, told reporters.
According to the officials concerned, Suman, a resident of a slum rehabilitation colony here who was nine-months pregnant, was admitted to the Sector 16 government hospital Dec 17 last year.
She was transfused blood of some other group and her situation deteriorated. She was moved to the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), whose doctors said her child had died and one of her kidneys had failed.
Talking about the delay in the registration of the case, a senior official of Chandigarh administration said: "We have to follow a proper procedure."
"The magisterial report was first sent to the legal department for their opinion. After getting a green signal from them, a case has been registered."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Want to take more people of colour on my show: Aziz Ansari
- Twitter poll a prophecy? 61% of fans feel Salman Khan's 'Sultan' will sprint ahead 300 cr mark!
- Subramanian Swamy steps up attack on Raghuram Rajan, lists 6 'charges' against RBI Governor in letter to PM
- Shabbir Ahluwalia's romance locked dinner date with wife Kanchi Kaul – See pic
- Why some galaxies have become barren