Three candidates served show cause notice for violating poll code
Gurdaspur: Three candidates in Gurdaspur Lok Sabha constituency were on Wednesday issued show cause notices for violating Model Code of Conduct by organising rallies without taking prior permission from the Election Commission.
Assistant Returning Officer Vijay Sayal of Fatehgarh Churian assembly segment in Gurdaspur issued a show cause notice to Aam Aadmi Party candidate Sucha Singh Chhotepur from Gurdaspur Lok Sabha seat, SAD leader Ajit Singh Randhawa and Satnam Singh representing All India Yuva Shakti Party.
They were directed to file a written reply within the stipulated time-period, an EC statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family