Three candidates served show cause notice for violating poll code
Gurdaspur: Three candidates in Gurdaspur Lok Sabha constituency were on Wednesday issued show cause notices for violating Model Code of Conduct by organising rallies without taking prior permission from the Election Commission.
Assistant Returning Officer Vijay Sayal of Fatehgarh Churian assembly segment in Gurdaspur issued a show cause notice to Aam Aadmi Party candidate Sucha Singh Chhotepur from Gurdaspur Lok Sabha seat, SAD leader Ajit Singh Randhawa and Satnam Singh representing All India Yuva Shakti Party.
They were directed to file a written reply within the stipulated time-period, an EC statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues