Three Delhiites booked in a fraud case
Pathankot (PB): Three residents of Delhi were today booked for allegedly duping a local youth of Rs 12.84 lakh by promising him a job in Merchant Navy, police said.
A case of fraud has been registered against three youths --Mark, Pradeep Kumar and Arun Kumar under several sections of Indian Penal Code and Information Technology Act.
The victim Angad Puri, in his complaint, said that he came in contact with the three fraudsters through an advertisement posted on Internet, promising him a job in Merchant Navy in return of a hefty fee, they said.
The three accused contacted him through various phone numbers on his cell phone and asked him to deposit Rs 12.84 lakh in two bank accounts.
According to police, Puri deposited the said amount but the fraudsters continued to demand Rs 7.50 lakh more to be deposited to which he denied.
However, later, the trio stopped attending his call following which he registered the complaint against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons