Three Delhiites booked in a fraud case
Pathankot (PB): Three residents of Delhi were today booked for allegedly duping a local youth of Rs 12.84 lakh by promising him a job in Merchant Navy, police said.
A case of fraud has been registered against three youths --Mark, Pradeep Kumar and Arun Kumar under several sections of Indian Penal Code and Information Technology Act.
The victim Angad Puri, in his complaint, said that he came in contact with the three fraudsters through an advertisement posted on Internet, promising him a job in Merchant Navy in return of a hefty fee, they said.
The three accused contacted him through various phone numbers on his cell phone and asked him to deposit Rs 12.84 lakh in two bank accounts.
According to police, Puri deposited the said amount but the fraudsters continued to demand Rs 7.50 lakh more to be deposited to which he denied.
However, later, the trio stopped attending his call following which he registered the complaint against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video