Three get death sentence in honour killing case in Ferozepur
Ferozepur: A woman and her two relatives were awarded death sentence by a local court here for the "honour killing" of her daughter and a 20-year-old youth in the district two years back.
A sessions court handed down death sentence to Paramjit Kaur and her relatives Gurbhej Singh alias Bheja and Rakesh Kumar alias Billa.
According to prosecution, Rakesh and Pooja, 18, belonging to village Nurpur Sethan, were found murdered by sharp-edged weapons two years back and their blood-stained bodies were recovered from the fields of neighbouring Satianwala village.
On the complaint lodged by Roop Singh, father of the deceased boy, the police after investigation had registered a case against Pooja`s mother Paramjit Kaur, Gurbhej and Rakesh.
After their arrest, all the accused had been lodged in the Central Jail at Ferozepur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?