Three get death sentence in honour killing case in Ferozepur
Ferozepur: A woman and her two relatives were awarded death sentence by a local court here for the "honour killing" of her daughter and a 20-year-old youth in the district two years back.
A sessions court handed down death sentence to Paramjit Kaur and her relatives Gurbhej Singh alias Bheja and Rakesh Kumar alias Billa.
According to prosecution, Rakesh and Pooja, 18, belonging to village Nurpur Sethan, were found murdered by sharp-edged weapons two years back and their blood-stained bodies were recovered from the fields of neighbouring Satianwala village.
On the complaint lodged by Roop Singh, father of the deceased boy, the police after investigation had registered a case against Pooja`s mother Paramjit Kaur, Gurbhej and Rakesh.
After their arrest, all the accused had been lodged in the Central Jail at Ferozepur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player