Three get life term for murdering village head
Moga: Three persons have been sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here for murdering a village sarpanch three years back.
The Court of Additional District and Sessions Judge Sukhwinder Kaur yesterday sentenced Judge Singh, Gurpreet Singh and Roshan Singh to life term for murdering Kuldip Singh, a sarpanch of village Hariewala of Baghapuarana sub-division of Moga district on February, 19, 2009.
According to the prosecution, the sarpanch was first brutally beaten and then attacked with sharp-edged weapons by the three and one more accomplice of theirs who is absconding.
Kuldeep Singh had later succumbed to injuries in a hospital.
The case was registered against four, including Judge Singh, Gurpreet Singh, Roshan Singh and Jagtar Singh under various sections of the IPC at Baghapurana police station.
Investigations had revealed that the man was murdered owing to some political rivalry.
Another accused in the case, Jagtar Singh, failed to face trial and has been declared a Proclaimed Offender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal