Three get life term for murdering village head
Moga: Three persons have been sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here for murdering a village sarpanch three years back.
The Court of Additional District and Sessions Judge Sukhwinder Kaur yesterday sentenced Judge Singh, Gurpreet Singh and Roshan Singh to life term for murdering Kuldip Singh, a sarpanch of village Hariewala of Baghapuarana sub-division of Moga district on February, 19, 2009.
According to the prosecution, the sarpanch was first brutally beaten and then attacked with sharp-edged weapons by the three and one more accomplice of theirs who is absconding.
Kuldeep Singh had later succumbed to injuries in a hospital.
The case was registered against four, including Judge Singh, Gurpreet Singh, Roshan Singh and Jagtar Singh under various sections of the IPC at Baghapurana police station.
Investigations had revealed that the man was murdered owing to some political rivalry.
Another accused in the case, Jagtar Singh, failed to face trial and has been declared a Proclaimed Offender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof