Three get life term for murdering village head
Moga: Three persons have been sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here for murdering a village sarpanch three years back.
The Court of Additional District and Sessions Judge Sukhwinder Kaur yesterday sentenced Judge Singh, Gurpreet Singh and Roshan Singh to life term for murdering Kuldip Singh, a sarpanch of village Hariewala of Baghapuarana sub-division of Moga district on February, 19, 2009.
According to the prosecution, the sarpanch was first brutally beaten and then attacked with sharp-edged weapons by the three and one more accomplice of theirs who is absconding.
Kuldeep Singh had later succumbed to injuries in a hospital.
The case was registered against four, including Judge Singh, Gurpreet Singh, Roshan Singh and Jagtar Singh under various sections of the IPC at Baghapurana police station.
Investigations had revealed that the man was murdered owing to some political rivalry.
Another accused in the case, Jagtar Singh, failed to face trial and has been declared a Proclaimed Offender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- ISIS terror module busted in Hyderabad; religious places were main targets, claims NIA
- Fed up of shifting matches, BCCI plans to build own stadium in Delhi: Report
- Modish beauty! Anushka Sharma goes black for 'Sultan' promotions
- EU meets without Britain for first time since Brexit vote
- US, South Korea, Japan hold first anti-North Korea missile drill