Three get life term for murdering village head
Moga: Three persons have been sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here for murdering a village sarpanch three years back.
The Court of Additional District and Sessions Judge Sukhwinder Kaur yesterday sentenced Judge Singh, Gurpreet Singh and Roshan Singh to life term for murdering Kuldip Singh, a sarpanch of village Hariewala of Baghapuarana sub-division of Moga district on February, 19, 2009.
According to the prosecution, the sarpanch was first brutally beaten and then attacked with sharp-edged weapons by the three and one more accomplice of theirs who is absconding.
Kuldeep Singh had later succumbed to injuries in a hospital.
The case was registered against four, including Judge Singh, Gurpreet Singh, Roshan Singh and Jagtar Singh under various sections of the IPC at Baghapurana police station.
Investigations had revealed that the man was murdered owing to some political rivalry.
Another accused in the case, Jagtar Singh, failed to face trial and has been declared a Proclaimed Offender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth