Three get life term for murdering village head
Moga: Three persons have been sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here for murdering a village sarpanch three years back.
The Court of Additional District and Sessions Judge Sukhwinder Kaur yesterday sentenced Judge Singh, Gurpreet Singh and Roshan Singh to life term for murdering Kuldip Singh, a sarpanch of village Hariewala of Baghapuarana sub-division of Moga district on February, 19, 2009.
According to the prosecution, the sarpanch was first brutally beaten and then attacked with sharp-edged weapons by the three and one more accomplice of theirs who is absconding.
Kuldeep Singh had later succumbed to injuries in a hospital.
The case was registered against four, including Judge Singh, Gurpreet Singh, Roshan Singh and Jagtar Singh under various sections of the IPC at Baghapurana police station.
Investigations had revealed that the man was murdered owing to some political rivalry.
Another accused in the case, Jagtar Singh, failed to face trial and has been declared a Proclaimed Offender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'