Three gutted alive in factory fire in Punjab
Ludhiana: Three people were on Monday gutted alive in a major fire that broke out in a hosiery factory in Shiv Puri area here, police said.
Suraj, Raju and Chander were gutted alive inside a factory unit as the owner had locked it from outside, Station House Officer Maninder Bedi said.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained, he said, adding, the bodies have been sent for post mortem.
Factory owner Surinder Singh has been arrested under Section 304 of IPC (unintentional murder), Bedi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem