Three gutted alive in factory fire in Punjab
Ludhiana: Three people were on Monday gutted alive in a major fire that broke out in a hosiery factory in Shiv Puri area here, police said.
Suraj, Raju and Chander were gutted alive inside a factory unit as the owner had locked it from outside, Station House Officer Maninder Bedi said.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained, he said, adding, the bodies have been sent for post mortem.
Factory owner Surinder Singh has been arrested under Section 304 of IPC (unintentional murder), Bedi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video