Three gutted alive in factory fire in Punjab
Ludhiana: Three people were on Monday gutted alive in a major fire that broke out in a hosiery factory in Shiv Puri area here, police said.
Suraj, Raju and Chander were gutted alive inside a factory unit as the owner had locked it from outside, Station House Officer Maninder Bedi said.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained, he said, adding, the bodies have been sent for post mortem.
Factory owner Surinder Singh has been arrested under Section 304 of IPC (unintentional murder), Bedi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic