Three killed, 27 injured in road mishap in Ropar
Ropar: Three persons were killed and 27 others including women and children were injured when a vehicle carrying them fell into a canal near Bhakumajra village, near here on Saturday, police said.
The accident took place when the driver of the mini truck fell asleep while driving, they said.
The deceased have been identified as Gurpreet Singh, Harjit Singh and Pappu, all teenagers and residents of village Shehbaazpur near Raikot in Ludhiana district.
While 25 of injured were admitted in Ropar and Chamkaur Sahib hospitals, two others have been referred to PGIMER Chandigarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur