Three killed as bus hits train in Hoshiarpur
Hoshiarpur (Punjab): Three people were killed Friday when a mini bus rammed into a train at an unmanned railway crossing in Tanda town here in Punjab, police said.
The accident involving the Jammu-Hemgiri Express took place around 9 a.m., police officer Gurnam Singh told reporters. Hoshiarpur is some 130 km from Chandigarh.
Over a dozen people have lost their lives at unmanned rail crossings in Punjab in the last one year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1
- Japan keen to invest in India’s infrastructure growth story: Finance Minister
- People have figured out: Liam Hemsworth on reunion with Miley
- Afghan govt seeks extension for refugees to stay in Pakistan
- Asus Zenfone 3 series to be launched in India today