Three of a family booked for rape attempt
Patiala (Punjab): Three persons belonging to a family were booked on Sunday for allegedly trying to rape a woman and beating her in Bakshiwala village of the district.
Case was lodged against Jung Singh, his son Kulwant Singh and brother Dharam Singh for trying to sexually assault the woman when she was working in a farm yesterday, police said.
While Kulwant has been arrested, efforts are on to nab the other absconding accused, they added.
In her complain, the woman had alleged that the three men tried to rape her before she raised an alarm, and threatened not to disclose about the incident to anyone, police said.
The victim, who is currently admitted to a hospital, also sustained injuries after being allegedly beaten by the accused.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram