Three Pakistani intruders killed, drugs seized in Punjab
Amritsar: Border Security Force (BSF) personnel killed three intruders from Pakistan and recovered 36 kg of heroin in separate incidents along the international border in Punjab, an official said Tuesday.
The three intruders were killed near the Pulmoran border outpost in Amritsar sector Tuesday morning, a BSF spokesman said.
When BSF personnel noticed suspicious movement near the border fence, they shouted out a challenge. The intruders fired shots at the Indian troopers, who then retaliated.
Following a search operation, the BSF found three bodies, a pistol, ammunition, a mobile phone with Pakistani SIM card and Pakistani currency on the spot.
At the Naushera Dhalla border outpost, also in Amritsar sector, BSF troopers opened fire on noticing suspicious movement near the fence.
After searching the area, 20 kg of heroin, a pistol, ammunition, mobile phones and SIM cards were found.
In the third incident, BSF fired at intruders near the Kassoke border outpost in Ferozepur sector. Though the suspected smugglers escaped under the cover of fog, 16 kg of heroin, a pistol and ammunition were recovered.
The BSF has seized 62 kg heroin along the international border in Punjab this year. It recovered 322 kg heroin in 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow