Three Pakistani intruders killed, drugs seized in Punjab
Amritsar: Border Security Force (BSF) personnel killed three intruders from Pakistan and recovered 36 kg of heroin in separate incidents along the international border in Punjab, an official said Tuesday.
The three intruders were killed near the Pulmoran border outpost in Amritsar sector Tuesday morning, a BSF spokesman said.
When BSF personnel noticed suspicious movement near the border fence, they shouted out a challenge. The intruders fired shots at the Indian troopers, who then retaliated.
Following a search operation, the BSF found three bodies, a pistol, ammunition, a mobile phone with Pakistani SIM card and Pakistani currency on the spot.
At the Naushera Dhalla border outpost, also in Amritsar sector, BSF troopers opened fire on noticing suspicious movement near the fence.
After searching the area, 20 kg of heroin, a pistol, ammunition, mobile phones and SIM cards were found.
In the third incident, BSF fired at intruders near the Kassoke border outpost in Ferozepur sector. Though the suspected smugglers escaped under the cover of fog, 16 kg of heroin, a pistol and ammunition were recovered.
The BSF has seized 62 kg heroin along the international border in Punjab this year. It recovered 322 kg heroin in 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday