Three persons die in two separate incidents in Punjab
Phagwara: Three persons died in two different incidents in the area, police said on Monday.
In a hit and run case, two motorbike-borne persons died after being knocked down by an unknown vehicle near village Chachrari near here on National Highway No 1 yesterday, police said.
Police identified the deceased as Azad (26), a resident of village Dakoha, and Tariq (45) of Jalandhar.
While Azad died on spot, Tariq breathed his last on way to hospital, said police.
Both were going to Jalandhar when an unknown vehicle hit them near village Chachrari, said police.
A case was registered against the unknown driver.
In the second incident, a middle-aged man Sumer Chand of Tibbi mohalla was electrocuted here.
Police said that the deceased worked as a chef in a restaurant on Phagwara-Banga road.
When he was working in the kitchen, he got electrocuted, said police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Video of Hizbul Mujahideen militant threatening cops surfaces in Srinagar