Three persons die in two separate incidents in Punjab
Phagwara: Three persons died in two different incidents in the area, police said on Monday.
In a hit and run case, two motorbike-borne persons died after being knocked down by an unknown vehicle near village Chachrari near here on National Highway No 1 yesterday, police said.
Police identified the deceased as Azad (26), a resident of village Dakoha, and Tariq (45) of Jalandhar.
While Azad died on spot, Tariq breathed his last on way to hospital, said police.
Both were going to Jalandhar when an unknown vehicle hit them near village Chachrari, said police.
A case was registered against the unknown driver.
In the second incident, a middle-aged man Sumer Chand of Tibbi mohalla was electrocuted here.
Police said that the deceased worked as a chef in a restaurant on Phagwara-Banga road.
When he was working in the kitchen, he got electrocuted, said police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!