Tight security across Punjab, Haryana for Republic Day
Chandigarh: Tight security arrangements have been made across Punjab, Haryana and their joint capital Chandigarh in view of Republic Day on Sunday.
Vulnerable places, including parade grounds where functions will be held, dams, bus stands, railway stations and government building were under tight security in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, officials said here today.
An alert has been sounded in the two states in view of the eve of Republic Day with police and para military personnel manning key public places, they said.
While Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal will unfurl the tricolour at Ludhiana, his Haryana counterpart Bhupender Singh Hooda will be the chief guest at the state level function at Nuh in Mewat district of the state.
Meanwhile, Punjab governor will take salute from parade at Patiala, his Haryana counterpart Jagannath Pahadia will unfurl the flag at Gurgaon.
All check posts along the inter-state borders on Punjab and Haryana, too, have been put under maximum alert, officials said.
Services of dog and bomb squads have been taken to sensitise the vulnerable places across Punjab and Haryana, officials said.
Vehicles, entering into the towns, are also being checked, while hotels are under observation of the security forces, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike