Time for BJP to come out of Badal government: Bajwa
Chandigarh: Congress Friday took aim at the virtual split in SAD-BJP alliance in Punjab over the advance tax issue, saying it was time for the saffron party to break up with ruling party in the state.
Punjab Congress chief Partap Singh Bajwa termed as "ironic" and "ridiculous" the BJP leaders` repeated demands for withdrawal of advance tax imposed by the state government on stocks held by traders.
In a statement issued here, Bajwa said decision-making in the state government was done by father-son duo of Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal and "others are just non-entities".
The Badal government was ignoring the alliance partner despite the fact that the government was dependent on the support from the BJP, he said.
Despite repeated demands by BJP`s Local Bodies Minister Anil Joshi to withdraw the advance tax, the government had refused to pay any heed, he said, and asked the BJP ministers to quit the Badal government rather than issuing threats.
Joshi had yesterday threatened to protest against the taxation system in the state if the `Advance Tax` imposed on traders was not withdrawn by Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi