‘To ensure smooth access to Rights to Service Act’
Jalandhar: The Punjab government has said it
will take all steps to ensure hassle-free implementation of
Right to Service Act, which aimed at providing various
services to people in a time-frame, in the state.
"We will take all steps for hassle-free implementation of
Right to Service Act. If there is any problem in providing
services in the stipulated time-frame due to any regulatory
hurdle, norms will be eased accordingly," chief secretary S C
Agrawal told a gathering of panchayat representatives here
Stressing on the need for mass public campaigns to aware
and educate people about the Act, he said, "People still don`t
know about the Act, due to which complaints are not being
filed even if the services are not provided within the
Agrawal said 67 services have been included under purview
of the Act and soon, other public services will also be
inducted under it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users