‘To ensure smooth access to Rights to Service Act’
Jalandhar: The Punjab government has said it
will take all steps to ensure hassle-free implementation of
Right to Service Act, which aimed at providing various
services to people in a time-frame, in the state.
"We will take all steps for hassle-free implementation of
Right to Service Act. If there is any problem in providing
services in the stipulated time-frame due to any regulatory
hurdle, norms will be eased accordingly," chief secretary S C
Agrawal told a gathering of panchayat representatives here
Stressing on the need for mass public campaigns to aware
and educate people about the Act, he said, "People still don`t
know about the Act, due to which complaints are not being
filed even if the services are not provided within the
Agrawal said 67 services have been included under purview
of the Act and soon, other public services will also be
inducted under it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- HILARIOUS! Virender Sehwag's take on Kohli and Kabali will leave you in splits
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic
- France's Francois Hollande says Munich shooting is a ''terrorist attack''
- BSF trooper shoots dead young Muslim woman in Tripura after unsuccessful rape bid - Know what happened
- Brazilian scientists found another type of Zika-transmitting mosquito