To provide quality transport, Punjab to add 350 new buses
Chandigarh: The Punjab government has decided to add 350 new buses to its existing fleet to provide quality transportation facilities to the people, Transport minister Ajit Singh Kohar said on Sunday.
At present, the total fleet strength of Punjab Roadways and PUNBUS is more than 2,000 including 1861 ordinary, 140 Integral coach and 20 super integral coach AC buses, he said.
As many as 350 new buses will be soon added to the existing fleet, the minister said.
The Punjab government had added 210 ordinary, 25 AC and eight Mercedes Benz buses to the fleet of PUNBUS last year.
Kohar said the Punjab Roadways and the Pepsu Road Transport Corporation (PRTC) have already been providing free and concessional travel facilities to the tune of Rs 65 crore per annum to widows, the handicapped, freedom fighters and students.
The minister said a state-of-the-art air conditioned bus stand would start functioning soon at Mohali having a parking capacity of more than 1,600 vehicles.
Shopping malls, corporate offices and a multiplex hotel would be also be a part of this bus stand, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning