Toll in Gurdaspur hooch tragedy mounts to 18
Gurdaspur (Punjab): With the death of one more person, the toll in the hooch tragedy in the district has mounted to 18, police said today.
32-year-old Ved Parkash died in Kandial colony in Batala last night after he consumed illicit liquor.
Yesterday, Gareeb Dass, a resident of Shahabad village, died after consuming hooch while two persons were referred to Guru Nanak Dev Hospital at Amritsar.
While 11 people died in Johal Nangal and Balewal villages of the district after consuming illicit liquor, four persons were killed in Kutbi Nangal village after consuming illicit liquor earlier this week.
Police have conducted surprise raids on the hideouts of illicit liquor sellers and arrested seven persons including three women and recovered huge quantity of illicit liquor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India