Toll in Gurdaspur hooch tragedy mounts to 18
Gurdaspur (Punjab): With the death of one more person, the toll in the hooch tragedy in the district has mounted to 18, police said today.
32-year-old Ved Parkash died in Kandial colony in Batala last night after he consumed illicit liquor.
Yesterday, Gareeb Dass, a resident of Shahabad village, died after consuming hooch while two persons were referred to Guru Nanak Dev Hospital at Amritsar.
While 11 people died in Johal Nangal and Balewal villages of the district after consuming illicit liquor, four persons were killed in Kutbi Nangal village after consuming illicit liquor earlier this week.
Police have conducted surprise raids on the hideouts of illicit liquor sellers and arrested seven persons including three women and recovered huge quantity of illicit liquor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands