Toll in Gurdaspur hooch tragedy mounts to 18
Gurdaspur (Punjab): With the death of one more person, the toll in the hooch tragedy in the district has mounted to 18, police said today.
32-year-old Ved Parkash died in Kandial colony in Batala last night after he consumed illicit liquor.
Yesterday, Gareeb Dass, a resident of Shahabad village, died after consuming hooch while two persons were referred to Guru Nanak Dev Hospital at Amritsar.
While 11 people died in Johal Nangal and Balewal villages of the district after consuming illicit liquor, four persons were killed in Kutbi Nangal village after consuming illicit liquor earlier this week.
Police have conducted surprise raids on the hideouts of illicit liquor sellers and arrested seven persons including three women and recovered huge quantity of illicit liquor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?