Toll in Gurdaspur hooch tragedy mounts to 18
Gurdaspur (Punjab): With the death of one more person, the toll in the hooch tragedy in the district has mounted to 18, police said today.
32-year-old Ved Parkash died in Kandial colony in Batala last night after he consumed illicit liquor.
Yesterday, Gareeb Dass, a resident of Shahabad village, died after consuming hooch while two persons were referred to Guru Nanak Dev Hospital at Amritsar.
While 11 people died in Johal Nangal and Balewal villages of the district after consuming illicit liquor, four persons were killed in Kutbi Nangal village after consuming illicit liquor earlier this week.
Police have conducted surprise raids on the hideouts of illicit liquor sellers and arrested seven persons including three women and recovered huge quantity of illicit liquor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price