Tributes paid to women victims of atrocities in Punjab
Phagwara: Activists of local units of Tarksheel (rationalists) Society and Teachers Welfare Committee lit candles in local Town Hall to pay tributes to all the women victims of sexual violence including Delhi gang-rape victim.
They also took out a `mashal` (torch) march in the city last night to protest the growing incidents of crime against women, especially those belonging to the poor and lower middle class.
Addressing the protesters, Sukhdev Singh, a Taraksheel Society leader and Sadhu Singh Jassal, a teacher activist, said that the poor and lower middle-class women were not safe anywhere in the country.
"Goons are on prowl in the country targeting helpless women," they said and asserted that the real tribute to these victims lies in "uniting common man against all such riffraff of society".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3