Truck-bus collision kills 8, injures 15
Amritsar: Eight people, including a child and two women, were killed and 15 injured when a truck and a private bus collided head-on on the Amritsar-Pathnakot highway here Tuesday, police said.
The bus was heading towards Amritsar from Gurdaspur and the truck was on way to Batala from Amritsar when the head-on collision occurred near village Sohia Khurd.
The drivers of both the vehicles were among the dead, SHO (Kamboj Police Station) Ayadwinder Singh said.
The driver of the truck was driving the vehicle at a high speed, the SHO said.
Police struggled hard to extricate the bodies as both the vehicles were reduced to mangled heap of metal, he said.
Iron cutters were used and the bodies were pulled out, the SHO said.
The injured were hospitalised, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands