Truck-bus collision kills 8, injures 15
Amritsar: Eight people, including a child and two women, were killed and 15 injured when a truck and a private bus collided head-on on the Amritsar-Pathnakot highway here Tuesday, police said.
The bus was heading towards Amritsar from Gurdaspur and the truck was on way to Batala from Amritsar when the head-on collision occurred near village Sohia Khurd.
The drivers of both the vehicles were among the dead, SHO (Kamboj Police Station) Ayadwinder Singh said.
The driver of the truck was driving the vehicle at a high speed, the SHO said.
Police struggled hard to extricate the bodies as both the vehicles were reduced to mangled heap of metal, he said.
Iron cutters were used and the bodies were pulled out, the SHO said.
The injured were hospitalised, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September
- US says India has shown sustained commitment to non-proliferation