Truck union factions clash in Punjab; 3 injured
Moga (Pb): Two factions of a local truck union on Wednesday pelted stones at each other and fired shots over taking control of the truckers` body, leading to injuries to three persons, police said.
The clash took place between the groups owing allegiance to sitting SAD MLA Joginderpal Jain and former Punjab DGP P S Gill for taking control over the Moga truck union, they said.
Police intervention brought the situation under control, they said, adding that two of the three injured were in serious condition.
Both the groups accused each other of pelting stones and firing in the air, police said.
Alleging that Jain`s followers opened fire on them in which Harnek Singh received serious injuries, Gill`s supporters blocked national highway for two hours seeking action against them.
Both the factions are at loggerheads for the past over seven months to take control over the truck union.
During the clash, Gill was not present while Jain was at the spot.
Heavy police force had been deployed in Moga city in advance as it was apprehended that the two groups might clash with each other, police said.
The situation is under control and the matter is being probed, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey