Two arrested for illegal mining activities
Chandigarh: Acting on a tip off, District
Mining Officer, Yamunanagar, on Sunday carried out searches in
Asra farm in village Faizpur to stop illegal mining activities
being allegedly undertaken in Khizrabad zone by the farm
Yamunanagar`s Mining Officer Sanjay Sabharwal searched the
farm where the illegal mining was being allegedly carried out
by Asra, son of Mamudin, the owner of the farm, and arrested
two persons on the spot, an official release said here.
Giving details of the incident, the Mining Officer said
that on getting the tip off, the information regarding illegal
mining was forwarded to Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Bilaspur,
with a demand for police force.
SDM, Bilaspur, in Yamunanagar district along with police
force reached near Sale Tax barrier, Khizrabad and a raiding
party reached river where three heavy machines were digging
the bed and loading four dumpers. Two persons were held.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video