Two arrested with 450 cartons of illegal liquor bottles
Patiala: Police on Monday arrested two suspected bootleggers and seized 450 cartons of liquor bottles from them in Banur town of this district.
Acting on a tip-off, police conducted a check at Jalalpur village and stopped a truck. As many as 450 cartons of foreign liquor bottles of various labels smuggled from Chandigarh was seized and Gurpreet Singh and Durja Sahni were arrested, a police officer said.
Investigations revealed that the accused had brought the liquor from Chandigarh at lesser rates and were to supply them in the areas of Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pardesh and Rajasthan.
A case has been registered and further investigations are on, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why