Two Babbar Khalsa activists held with arms
Ropar: Police have arrested two alleged activists of Babbar Khalsa International and claimed to have foiled an assassination bid on controversial religious leader Baba Piara Singh Bhaniara.
Ropar SSP LK Yadav on Monday said a police party arrested Harminder Singh and Balwinder Singh near Bunga Sahib after getting specific information and recovered one 32 bore revolver, 10 live cartridges and some explosive material.
Yadav said preliminary interrogation revealed they were planning to kill Baba Piara Singh Bhaniara during his visit for court appearance at Ambala.
He said both were working under the guidance of Baljit Singh alias `Bhau`, who was lodged in Tihar Jail and making efforts to revive terrorism by recruiting youths on pretext of assuring the would be settled abroad.
The SSP said Balwinder had smuggled RDX in the form of `Burfi` in Burail Jail in 1997 on the directions of Beant Singh assassination case accused Jagtar Singh Hawara, while Harminder was involved in incidents of rifle and motorcycle snatching and a bank robbery attempt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation