Two cases against Namdhari in Punjab
Chandigarh: Two cases were on Sunday registered against former Uttarakhand minority panel chief SS Namdhari in Punjab for allegedly resorting to illegal means to obtain arms licences and passport in the state.
Passport of Namdhari, who is a resident of Bazpur in Uttarakhand, was impounded by the regional passport office in Jalandhar on November 27.
Persual of the report by Punjab`s Home Secretary prima facie leads to the conclusion that Namdhari "resorted to illegal means to provide fake residence proof(s) to obtain the arms licences and passport in Punjab", an official spokesman said here today.
The report recommended that a criminal case be lodged against the "fugitive" at state crime police station in Mohali and the accused be brought on production remand for investigation, the spokesman said.
Namdhari and his PSO, who were arrested for their alleged involvement in the killing of a controversial liquor trader and his brother in Delhi, are in judicial custody.
In another inquiry against Namdhari in connection with his having obtained a passport from Jalandhar, the probe charged him with giving "misleading" information and concealing information of about 13 criminal cases against him registered in Uttarakhand.
"Prima facie a criminal case be lodged against him to bring him on production remand for investigation purposes under the Indian Penal Code and the Passport Act," the report said.
The report said Namdhari "adopted illegal means to obtain a fake ration card to obtain the passport. In addition he did not disclose the factual position about the place of his residence and educational qualification.
"He also mis-stated his non involvement in criminal cases in Uttrakhand. Accordingly he has committed criminal offence in wrongly obtaining the passport from the Regional Passport Authority, Jalandhar," the report detailed.
"The two reports (regarding arms license and passport) had been submitted to Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal recommending registration of a criminal case against Namdhari," the spokesman said adding, further action as per the recommendation is being taken against Namdhari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly