Two cases against Namdhari in Punjab
Chandigarh: Two cases were on Sunday registered against former Uttarakhand minority panel chief SS Namdhari in Punjab for allegedly resorting to illegal means to obtain arms licences and passport in the state.
Passport of Namdhari, who is a resident of Bazpur in Uttarakhand, was impounded by the regional passport office in Jalandhar on November 27.
Persual of the report by Punjab`s Home Secretary prima facie leads to the conclusion that Namdhari "resorted to illegal means to provide fake residence proof(s) to obtain the arms licences and passport in Punjab", an official spokesman said here today.
The report recommended that a criminal case be lodged against the "fugitive" at state crime police station in Mohali and the accused be brought on production remand for investigation, the spokesman said.
Namdhari and his PSO, who were arrested for their alleged involvement in the killing of a controversial liquor trader and his brother in Delhi, are in judicial custody.
In another inquiry against Namdhari in connection with his having obtained a passport from Jalandhar, the probe charged him with giving "misleading" information and concealing information of about 13 criminal cases against him registered in Uttarakhand.
"Prima facie a criminal case be lodged against him to bring him on production remand for investigation purposes under the Indian Penal Code and the Passport Act," the report said.
The report said Namdhari "adopted illegal means to obtain a fake ration card to obtain the passport. In addition he did not disclose the factual position about the place of his residence and educational qualification.
"He also mis-stated his non involvement in criminal cases in Uttrakhand. Accordingly he has committed criminal offence in wrongly obtaining the passport from the Regional Passport Authority, Jalandhar," the report detailed.
"The two reports (regarding arms license and passport) had been submitted to Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal recommending registration of a criminal case against Namdhari," the spokesman said adding, further action as per the recommendation is being taken against Namdhari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says