Two cases against Namdhari in Punjab
Chandigarh: Two cases were on Sunday registered against former Uttarakhand minority panel chief SS Namdhari in Punjab for allegedly resorting to illegal means to obtain arms licences and passport in the state.
Passport of Namdhari, who is a resident of Bazpur in Uttarakhand, was impounded by the regional passport office in Jalandhar on November 27.
Persual of the report by Punjab`s Home Secretary prima facie leads to the conclusion that Namdhari "resorted to illegal means to provide fake residence proof(s) to obtain the arms licences and passport in Punjab", an official spokesman said here today.
The report recommended that a criminal case be lodged against the "fugitive" at state crime police station in Mohali and the accused be brought on production remand for investigation, the spokesman said.
Namdhari and his PSO, who were arrested for their alleged involvement in the killing of a controversial liquor trader and his brother in Delhi, are in judicial custody.
In another inquiry against Namdhari in connection with his having obtained a passport from Jalandhar, the probe charged him with giving "misleading" information and concealing information of about 13 criminal cases against him registered in Uttarakhand.
"Prima facie a criminal case be lodged against him to bring him on production remand for investigation purposes under the Indian Penal Code and the Passport Act," the report said.
The report said Namdhari "adopted illegal means to obtain a fake ration card to obtain the passport. In addition he did not disclose the factual position about the place of his residence and educational qualification.
"He also mis-stated his non involvement in criminal cases in Uttrakhand. Accordingly he has committed criminal offence in wrongly obtaining the passport from the Regional Passport Authority, Jalandhar," the report detailed.
"The two reports (regarding arms license and passport) had been submitted to Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal recommending registration of a criminal case against Namdhari," the spokesman said adding, further action as per the recommendation is being taken against Namdhari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof