Two Chandigarh constables suspended
Chandigarh: Two police constables in Chandigarh have been suspended for taking a Rs.2,000 bribe from a Haryana-based merchant.
Naresh Kumar and Karam Chand demanded the bribe from Rajesh, saying it was illegal to load garments in a car -- as he had done. The incident took place at a checkpost near the Chandigarh-Mohali border.
On June 8, two Chandigarh policemen and two Home Guards were suspended for taking a bribe of Rs.500. A month earlier, a constable was suspended for accepting a similar amount from a motorist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!