Two Chandigarh constables suspended
Chandigarh: Two police constables in Chandigarh have been suspended for taking a Rs.2,000 bribe from a Haryana-based merchant.
Naresh Kumar and Karam Chand demanded the bribe from Rajesh, saying it was illegal to load garments in a car -- as he had done. The incident took place at a checkpost near the Chandigarh-Mohali border.
On June 8, two Chandigarh policemen and two Home Guards were suspended for taking a bribe of Rs.500. A month earlier, a constable was suspended for accepting a similar amount from a motorist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing