Two Chandigarh constables suspended
Chandigarh: Two police constables in Chandigarh have been suspended for taking a Rs.2,000 bribe from a Haryana-based merchant.
Naresh Kumar and Karam Chand demanded the bribe from Rajesh, saying it was illegal to load garments in a car -- as he had done. The incident took place at a checkpost near the Chandigarh-Mohali border.
On June 8, two Chandigarh policemen and two Home Guards were suspended for taking a bribe of Rs.500. A month earlier, a constable was suspended for accepting a similar amount from a motorist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state