Two days after clash, Dhudike turns into a fortress
Moga: An uneasy calm prevailed at Dhudike, the birth place of Punjab Kesari Lala Lajpat Rai, on Thursday with the entire village and roads leading to it heavily guarded with police personnel in view of clash between followers of Dera Sacha Sauda and some radical Sikh outfits on Tuesday.
"Over 1,000 police personnel are deployed in and around the village," Inspector General of Police P S Umranangal said here. He reviewed the situation with top district police officers and assured the Dera followers of justice.
The Dera followers have accused the police of inaction against those who allegedly attacked them during a religious congregation.
The IG held meeting with DIG (Firozepur Range), SSPs of Moga, Ferozepur and Faridkot districts, officials said.
Umranangal said the situation is under control and peace prevails in the village.
Meanwhile, police patrolling has been intensified in the area to instill confidence in villagers.
During the clash, at least six Dera followers and three policemen were injured and some vehicles were burnt by a mob.
The IG also assured radical sikhs and elders of Dhudike that no false case would be filed against protesters named in the FIR by Dera followers.
Umranangal said after going through the details of clash, he had ordered immediate shifting of Gurpyar Singh, Inspector and in-charge of Ajitwal police station, and transferred him to district police lines.
A delegation of Dera followers comprising Mohinderpal and Gurdeep Singh, who had met senior police officers yesterday, said that they were satisfied with the police investigation and exuded confidence that justice would be given to them.
The IG had, meanwhile, entrusted further investigation of the case to Moga SP (Headquarters) Bhupinder Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- IT department to 'name and shame' crorepati defaulters this fiscal
- Father and son cut open a wasp's nest – Watch video to find out what's inside!
- Syrian base used by Russia damaged in IS attack: Report
- Those who don''t gossip could become saints, says Pope
- Mafia don's calls: Maharashtra minister hits back at AAP