Two female inmates missing from Nari Niketan
Amritsar: Two female inmates of Nari Niketan (shelter home for women) in the city were found missing today, police said.
Two married women, both aged around 25 years, were found missing from Nari Niketan, ACP, Punjab Police, Gurnam Singh, said.
The two were Sandeep Kaur, a resident of Amritsar, and Anjali, hailing from Jharkhand, he said.
A Nari Niketan official said both had left the shelter home without informing anyone.
Both were facing some marital problems and were lodged here following an order of the Deputy Commissioner, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 85 seats, BJP in 53; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Results 2017 LIVE: Out of 10 civic bodies, Shiv Sena ahead in BMC and Thane; BJP in 7, NCP in Pimpri Chinchwad