Two policemen suspended in Punjab for thrashing girl
Chandigarh: Two police head constables were on Monday placed under suspension for allegedly thrashing a girl, who had resisted the arrest of her father by them in Tarn Taran district of Punjab.
Yesterday police got a call that few persons were creating "nuisance" after getting drunk at a marriage function at Gobindwal road, said SSP Kanwaljit Singh Dhillon.
Police personnel reached the spot and caught hold of Kashmira Singh and another person for creating nuisance, he said.
Singh`s daughter Harbinder Kaur (22) intervened and resisted while her father was being taken away to police station, the SSP said.
In the melee, the turbans (head gears) of two head constables were tossed up following which they beat the girl.
"It is unfortunate on the part of the police to hit a girl," the SSP said, adding that he had placed both Davinder Singh and Saraj Singh under suspension and marked a departmental inquiry against the duo.
However, he said that the other party had reached a "compromise" with the two cops.
"Still, the matter will be probed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda