UAVs deployed for Mayawati’s Chandigarh rally
Chandigarh: Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) will be deployed for Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader Mayawati`s rally here on Sunday.
"We are taking the help of UAVs to keep an eye on the rally venue," a police officer said. "Mayawati will go to the Chandigarh airport after the rally."
This is the first time the Chandigarh Police has used UAVs, which can fly up to a height of 100 meters and record footage for 30 minutes.
More than 1,600 police and paramilitary personnel will also be on duty during the rally.
"Our quick reaction team and anti-sabotage team will be on standby near the rally venue," the officer said.
Mayawati arrived here on Saturday evening and is staying at the Taj hotel in Sector 17. She will address party workers at the Sector 25 rally ground.
The BSP expects over 100,000 party workers from Punjab, Haryana, Jammu and Kashmir, Chandigarh and Himachal Pradesh at the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway