UK police arrive to probe killing of RSS activist
Patiala: An eight-member team of British
police arrived here on Thursday to probe the killing of RSS activist
Rashtriya Sikh Sangat, cultural organisation affiliated
with Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, leader Rulda Singh was shot
at outside his house here on July 28, 2009 and died later at
PGI, Chandigarh on August 15 last year.
The team will collect evidence in the murder case of
Singh in which four British nationals of Indian origin will
stand trial stand trial on homicide charges in UK.
The West Midlands police had arrested them after the
Punjab police shared information with its British
The team led by Detective Superintendent George Tracy
held meetings with senior Punjab Police officials to
coordinate the collection of evidence in the case, police said
today. The team has refused to talk to media.
Two members from the team arrived at central jail here
and interrogated Jagmohan Singh, arrested by Punjab police in
connection with the case, for almost two hours.
While, two other members went to Nabha high security Jail
to interrogate Darshan Singh, also arrested in connection with
the same case.
Jagmohan and Darshan had revealed that the conspiracy was
hatched by the Babbar Khalsa International to kill Rulda for
his ideological leanings.
Rulda Singh, who was closely associated with the
Rashtriya Swyam Sewak Sangh, had attracted flak from
fundamentalist Sikh bodies which had claimed that his
organisation was trying to dilute the Sikh identity through
its activities in Punjab.
According to investigations, Paramjit Pamma of Babbar
Khalsa International in the United Kingdom allegedly
masterminded the murder, and Pyara Singh Gill and Gursharan
Bir, both from UK, had travelled to India to allegedly execute
The fourth suspect Amritbir Singh was also arrested in
Both Pyara and Gursharan had returned to UK after
allegedly murdering Rulda Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL