U`khand floods: 7-storey building collapses
Patiala: A seven-storey building situated on the bank of Alaknanda river near Gurudwara Govind Ghat in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand collapsed but there is no report of any casualty.
The building collapsed yesterday night, Shri Hemkunt Sahib Management Trust (SHSMT) vice chairman Narinderjit Singh Bindra said over phone from Rishikesh today.
The building was meant for `sarai (inn)` purpose and for use of pilgrims only, he said, adding that there is no loss to human life in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what