Unaccounted USD 7000 seized from NRI in Punjab
Phagwara: Police on Thursday seized unaccounted USD
7000 (Rs 3.64 lakh) from an NRI in the poll-bound Punjab.
The NRI, Manjinder Singh, was arrested at a checkpost on
NH-1 near Chachoki village while was going in a car from
Phillaur to Jalandhar, police said.
Several checkposts have been put up by police to check the
flow of illegal cash during polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video