Undertrial accused in ex-SAD MLA`s murder case escapes
Moga: An undertrail, accused in the murder case of former SAD MLA Malkiat Singh Keetu, escaped from police custody while being taken back from a court.
The accused, Jaspreet Singh Jassa, who was the nephew of Keetu, a former SAD MLA from Barnala escaped from an eatery at Jagraon in Ludhiana district late last night when he was being taken back from a court appearance for his involvement in another case, police said on Saturday.
Jassa, was lodged at high security Nabha jail, along with two other accused was escorted by three head constables.
According to the police, Jassa was freed from hand cuffs while taking meals at a `dhaba` in Jagraon on way back to Nabha jail. He rushed toward GT road and escaped in a car.
All the three head constables have been booked for negligence on duty. Moga SSP Kamaljeet Singh Dhillon said both Jagraon police and Moga police have launched a joint operation to nab Jassa.
Keetu was allegedly shot dead by Jassa and his two other brothers- Harpreet Singh and Gurpreet Singh - at his residence in Bilaspur here on October 29, 2012.
After the incident, all three accused were arrested. The trial in the case was pending in the Session`s court here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister