Undertrial gives slip to police after court hearing in Punjab
Batala (Pb): An undertrial today gave a slip to police after a hearing at Batala Civil court.
The undertrial, Sukhdeep Singh, who was arrested on January 17 for carrying drugs, was today brought from Gurdaspur Central jail to the court for the hearing, police sources said.
After the hearing was over, on the pretext of going to toilet, Sukhdeep pushed aside the duty constable and fled from the spot.
A large number of policemen were present on the spot when the accused escaped, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam