Undertrial gives slip to police after court hearing in Punjab
Batala (Pb): An undertrial today gave a slip to police after a hearing at Batala Civil court.
The undertrial, Sukhdeep Singh, who was arrested on January 17 for carrying drugs, was today brought from Gurdaspur Central jail to the court for the hearing, police sources said.
After the hearing was over, on the pretext of going to toilet, Sukhdeep pushed aside the duty constable and fled from the spot.
A large number of policemen were present on the spot when the accused escaped, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened