Undertrials escape from Amritsar central jail
Amritsar: Three under trials have escaped from the high security central prison here by breaking the iron rods of the jail barrack during midnight, police said Tuesday.
The three under trials were identified as Budhu Singh, Suraj Kumar and Narian Singh, who were arrested under NDPS Act and also involved in theft cases.
During the intervening night of January 7 and 8, three accused who were lodged in barrack number 6 first broke the iron rods and then detached the 30-feet-long water supply pipe and thereafter using the same pipe, they scaled the jail`s boundary wall and fled away, jail officials said.
Expressing shock over the incident, Amritsar Police Commissioner Ram Singh said, "It was strange that how three accused escaped from the high security jail amidst round the clock vigil."
He, however, said several police teams have been dispatched to search the fugitives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'