Undertrials escape from Amritsar central jail
Amritsar: Three under trials have escaped from the high security central prison here by breaking the iron rods of the jail barrack during midnight, police said Tuesday.
The three under trials were identified as Budhu Singh, Suraj Kumar and Narian Singh, who were arrested under NDPS Act and also involved in theft cases.
During the intervening night of January 7 and 8, three accused who were lodged in barrack number 6 first broke the iron rods and then detached the 30-feet-long water supply pipe and thereafter using the same pipe, they scaled the jail`s boundary wall and fled away, jail officials said.
Expressing shock over the incident, Amritsar Police Commissioner Ram Singh said, "It was strange that how three accused escaped from the high security jail amidst round the clock vigil."
He, however, said several police teams have been dispatched to search the fugitives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video