Unease among UPA allies: BJP
Chandigarh: Firing a fresh salvo at the UPA government, the BJP on Wednesday alleged there was an unease among its constituents over unilateral approach of the Congress-led dispensation and there was likelihood of some more partners walking out of the alliance.
"There is no consensus and the Congress is unilaterally proceeding on issues like the FDI in retail. After TMC`s exit, an atmosphere is building up where other allies have started feeling the unease," BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said here.
She claimed parties like BSP and SP, who were supporting the government from outside, were also not "satisfied" with recent decisions of the government.
"Mulayam Singh is openly saying they will oppose FDI in retail. Mayawati says she will also take a call. The UPA government has been reduced to a minority and has lost moral right to rule," Sitharaman said.
After Trimanool Congress` departure, more allies might pull the trigger, she said.
Claiming the UPA government was struggling for its survival, the BJP leader expressed surprise over statements by UPA ministers P Chidambaram and Anand Sharma on country`s economic growth.
On fresh charges levelled by activist Arvind Kejriwal against Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra, she said "the BJP demands a comprehensive and fair inquiry by competent agencies like the Income Tax Department or the Enforcement Directorate into the entire affair."
She, however, said an independent probe into the matter under the Congress-led government was not possible as it had earlier "stonewalled" investigations into previous scams
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?