Unidentified men push labourer into furnace in Punjab
Amritsar: A labourer suffered burn injuries on his face when some unidentified persons reportedly forced his head into a furnace but police on Friday said he received the burns because of boiling water falling on him accidentally.
Shamu (28) was admitted to the Guru Nanak Dev Hospital here with burn injuries on his face last night, police said
Following the incident, a private channel reported that a migrant labourer in Amritsar was attacked for robbery by three unidentified men in police uniform.
When Shamu refused to give them money, the men allegedly forced his head down a lit tandoor, and held it there for a couple of minutes, the channel said.
Amritsar Police Commissioner Ram Singh, however, denied the news on the television channel and said that it was a "concocted story".
He said the incident occurred last evening when Shamu was drinking alcohol with his friend Jagdeep, who is a constable with Punjab police.
During the drinking session drops of boiled water fell on Shamu`s face when his foot accidentally hit a container of boiled water lying nearby, he said.
Shamu is currently undergoing treatment at the hospital, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says