Unidentified men push labourer into furnace in Punjab
Amritsar: A labourer suffered burn injuries on his face when some unidentified persons reportedly forced his head into a furnace but police on Friday said he received the burns because of boiling water falling on him accidentally.
Shamu (28) was admitted to the Guru Nanak Dev Hospital here with burn injuries on his face last night, police said
Following the incident, a private channel reported that a migrant labourer in Amritsar was attacked for robbery by three unidentified men in police uniform.
When Shamu refused to give them money, the men allegedly forced his head down a lit tandoor, and held it there for a couple of minutes, the channel said.
Amritsar Police Commissioner Ram Singh, however, denied the news on the television channel and said that it was a "concocted story".
He said the incident occurred last evening when Shamu was drinking alcohol with his friend Jagdeep, who is a constable with Punjab police.
During the drinking session drops of boiled water fell on Shamu`s face when his foot accidentally hit a container of boiled water lying nearby, he said.
Shamu is currently undergoing treatment at the hospital, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister