Unidentified men push labourer into furnace in Punjab
Amritsar: A labourer suffered burn injuries on his face when some unidentified persons reportedly forced his head into a furnace but police on Friday said he received the burns because of boiling water falling on him accidentally.
Shamu (28) was admitted to the Guru Nanak Dev Hospital here with burn injuries on his face last night, police said
Following the incident, a private channel reported that a migrant labourer in Amritsar was attacked for robbery by three unidentified men in police uniform.
When Shamu refused to give them money, the men allegedly forced his head down a lit tandoor, and held it there for a couple of minutes, the channel said.
Amritsar Police Commissioner Ram Singh, however, denied the news on the television channel and said that it was a "concocted story".
He said the incident occurred last evening when Shamu was drinking alcohol with his friend Jagdeep, who is a constable with Punjab police.
During the drinking session drops of boiled water fell on Shamu`s face when his foot accidentally hit a container of boiled water lying nearby, he said.
Shamu is currently undergoing treatment at the hospital, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145