UPA failed on various fronts: Majithia
Amritsar: Terming the Congress-led UPA government as a "failure" on various fronts, Punjab Minister Bikram Singh Majithia today asked people to vote in favour of NDA in the next Lok Sabha elections in 2014.
"Resentment against the union government is on the rise in the country. People have taken to streets to oppose the failure of UPA government on various fronts," he said while addressing a gathering at Galowali village.
People of Punjab have "completely" rejected Congress in the state elections, Majithia said.
Even the allies are now distancing themselves from the Congress, he said.
Asking the people to vote in favour of NDA in general elections in 2014, he said that the alliance had always taken steps for development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka