Director General medical health and family welfare has asked all CMOs to make available all facilities to affected persons if any.
However, not a single case of swine flu has been detected in the state so far, state nodal officer Kiran Bisht said.
As a precautionary measure, chief medical superintendents of all hospitals have been asked to set up an isolation ward for admitting people showing symptoms of swine flu, she said.
"Though the situation in Uttarakhand is normal and there is no need to panic, we need to take precautionary measures in view of the swine flu threat in neighbouring states," she said.
As many as 64 people have died due to H1N1 influenza in Rajasthan, while 18 deaths have been reported from Haryana, 10 from Punjab and three in Delhi till Wednesday. As per health ministry data, 494 cases of swine flu have been reported from these states in the first 37 days of the year.
Dehradun: With neighbouring states reeling under swine flu threat, Chief Medical Officers and Chief Medical Superintendents across Uttarakhand were on Saturday put on high alert to check the spread of H1N1 influenza.
First Published: Saturday, February 09, 2013, 21:39